JOB POSTING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Job Filled!
START DATE: JULY 30, 2020
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: EXUCUTIVE DIRECTOR
Are you on the hunt for a new and dynamic challenge? Do you thrive in an organization committed to growth and innovation? Are you looking to grow your organizational skills while contributing to positive community and policy change in the field of mental health?
KETAMINE ASSISTED THERAPY ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
The Ketamine Assisted Therapy Association of Canada (KATA) is an interdisciplinary, not-for-profit organization that advances ketamine clinical practice by providing high level practice standards through the development of resources, education and policy recommendations. KATA is a member-based organization that consists of Psychiatrists, Emergency Physicians, Family Medicine Physicians, Naturopathic Doctors, Psychologists, Registered Counselors, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Researchers, Policy Makers and patient partners – it was established in 2019 in the province of B.C., Canada.
KATA protects the public interest by supporting practitioners and physicians to gain appropriate ketamine training and experience that is aligned with current best evidence of safety and ethical recommendations. KATA supports ketamine providers to deliver ketamine assisted therapy in a safe and transparent manner that respects patient values.
The Administrative Assistant role will report to the Executive Director and work with the Working Groups and Board to grow our current member base and organizational reach by providing administrative support for our internal and external communication, public relations, member recruitment and organization activities. This is an organizational development role, therefore we are seeking an entrepreneurial, keen individual that loves to uncover opportunities, promote our offerings and ultimately convert conversations into members. KATA is committed to fostering justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) principles. We will not discriminate in our employment or membership practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, immigrant and newcomer status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and/or disability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Not-for-Profit Relationship Management: Strengthen customer relationships by fielding questions regarding programs and services and following up with program participants.
- Member communication, data compilation and analysis: Implement and manage member communications, onboarding and communications systems, event management, email and newsletter communication systems. Set guidelines related to data collection and ongoing management to ensure accuracy and integrity. Compile and analyze data and prepare reports.
- Partnerships: Manage tracking and reporting requirements of partnerships with other organizations, government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Organizational Development: Provide support to the Executive Director in managing Board and Working Group communications, meeting rhythms, agendas and notes, preparing policy and external communication briefs.
- Meeting Support: KATA Canada sometimes holds meetings and events for members outside of regular work schedule hours so some weekday evening availability is required.
- Perform a variety of tasks and other duties, as required.
- Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal client service and communication skills. Relationship-building is a key component of this position.
- Technical Knowledge: Comfort with technology including Member Organization & Communication Platforms and Content Management Systems. Excellent skills with MS Office Suite and Google Drive. Aptitude for and interest in learning new technology and social media as the organization grows.
- Adaptive Capacity: Passionate, entrepreneurial spirit with capacity to take risks and manage change. Ability to work within and foster a “learning organization”.
- Job Knowledge: Clearly understand the mission and demonstrate the values of the organization. Understands volunteerism and the not-for-profit sector, and keeps job knowledge up-to-date.
- Dependability: Possesses initiative, ability and commitment to producing high quality work independently and as part of a team. Ability to multitask and manage details with excellence while ensuring the organization’s goals and strategies are met.
- Initiative: Can think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and generate required steps to ensure success. A self-starter who can set and achieve goals, and organize and manage a high-volume workload.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS:
- This is a Part-time Hourly Contractor position starting July 30th, 2021.
- Hourly rate for the role is $20/h for 15 – 25 hours per month.
- If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Administrative Assistant. We look forward to connecting with you.